We are always looking to add new talent to our team. If you are academically strong, detail-oriented, and a great writer, we would love to hear from you. Prior workplace investigation experience is an asset.
For employment enquiries, please forward your resume, your law school transcripts, and a writing sample along with a cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workplace Investigations Associate, 1 full-time & 1 part-time
Mortimer Khoraych is seeking two associates, one full-time and one part-time, with at least five years of workplace investigations experience to join our growing practice. Labour and employment law experience is considered an asset.
As a Workplace Investigations Associate, you will work as part of our team investigating workplace and institutional complaints involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, including sexual and human rights based harassment, retaliation, workplace bullying, abuse of power/authority, conflict of interest and other misconduct.
You will work both autonomously and collaboratively with team members on investigations. You will conduct witness interviews; summarize allegations; obtain relevant evidence; synthesize documents, data and information collected; make findings of fact and credibility, and draft investigation reports. Working with the Principal Investigator, you may also analyze the findings of fact against statutory requirements and client policy. In performing the above duties, you will be a primary client contact on many files. We offer flexible and remote work arrangements.
The successful candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience conducting and/or advising on workplace investigations.
- Demonstrable case-management, fact-finding, and analytical/evidence assessment skills in the context of conducting workplace investigations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to synthesize large qualities of information, and identify relevant information and facts; detail-oriented.
- Professional, confident, disciplined, and self-motivated.
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario or nationally
- A licensed member of the Law Society of Ontario, with a background in employment law and/or employee relations OR a certified human resources professional.
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, post-secondary transcripts, resume/CV, and two writing samples (redacted investigation reports) to email@example.com
We are committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures. Mortimer Khoraych welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, and encourages those from members of historically disadvantaged groups or those who would contribute to the further diversification of our firm.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those progressing further in the application process will be contacted.